There are two basic forms of classifieds: newspaper and internet. They both work pretty much the same way.
They both have pretty much the same pluses and minuses.
When placing newspaper classifieds try for targeted inexpensive rags. College newspaper can be excellent depending upon your
goods or service.
For internet classifieds check out one of the following as a starting place.
- Google Classified Directory
- Straightup no hooey no balooey.
- Free Classifieds Links
- Sharkish slick marketers. If you wade through the "Click Here", "Enter Here", "Buy This" jungle you can
find your way to a large listing of small, medium to large classified advertising sites.
- Paid Classified Links
- Same warning as above. This list is of pay for placement sites.
- Google Lookup
- There are hundreds of thousands of websites devoted to classified ads. If you are selling a telescope
go to Google and search for "Astronomy Classified Ads". Or whatever your product/niche is.
Before you get too too excited about the prospects of millions of hits from classified ads ask yourself
one simple straighup question: "When was the last time you went searching the classified ads and
purchased a product?" Odds are your customers are not that different from you. If you spend hours searching
classifieds online then maybe your customers will. Or, if you're like me you never look in the classifieds and
most likely your customers may not either.